We are at the supposed 2nd last day of the MCO, however it will be 15 days to do before the official end. Things are getting worse in Asia countries while situations are slightly improving in Europe where it seems that the lockdown is showing it’s effect with lower rates of new infection and deaths.
- +134 > 4817 Total Confirmed Cases (5.8% from total tested)
- +1 > 77 deaths
- +168 > 2276 recovered (47% of total)
- 66 ICU (36 require ventilator)
- Active Cases: 2468
- 83488 tested so far
- 23915 total tested from Tabligh cluster
- 1850 positive (38% of total cases)
- 19734 negative from Tabligh
- 2 related sub clusters are identified in Kuantan.
- 201 cases in Kluang, this are will be monitored more closely with EMCO.
- Hulu Langat sees another 24 cases, 224 cases total
- Menara City One has 39 cases, sees 8 new cases.
- Selangor Mansion has 82 cases, sees 7 new cases.
- +6 cases in Kuching cluster bringing total to 50 cases.
- Total of 69 sporadic cases as of today.
- 956 ventilators in Malaysia currently.
- 12 recovered patients has stepped up to donate their blood plasma for their antibodies.
- 88% of positive cases in Malaysia are asymptomatic and mild symptoms. (Source)
- Call Talian Kasih 15999 or Whatsapp 0192615999 if you need help regarding domestic abuse especially during this MCO period. (Source)
- MITI website crashes as over 100k applications to reopen businesses overload the servers. (Source)
- Maxis offers fiber pre-installation package where those who are pending their Maxis Fiber installation will be receiving a loaner router and 4G sim card with unlimited data for 2 months. (Source)
- Philippines officially pass Malaysia having the most COVID-19 cases in ASEAN countries.
- The government as made a U-turn. Barbershops, optical shops, and Ramadan bazaars are banned even in green zones from operating in Phase 3 of the MCO. (Source)
- 3 Penang men gathering for a chat fined RM1k per person. (Source)
- Lockdown is not the way to fight the virus. Screening is. Read more here.
- Singapore starts to fine establishments for breaching safe distancing measures. (Source)
- 11 recovered patients in Singapore to donate blood plasma with antibodies to potential help other COVID-19 patients. (Source)
- Some good news today, France has allowed people to go outside to adopt a pet from animal shelters. (Source)
- Indonesia sees 2.8 million people unemployed since the pandemic begins. (Source)
- NYU scientists finds that obesity the single biggest factor in complications with COVID-19. (Source)
- MIT PhD Dr Shiva Ayyadurai slams Dr Fauci for his method of locking down the country and pushing vaccine in order to profit the pharmaceutical companies than actually trying to fix the root cause of the issue here which is to strengthen the immune system. (Source)
- Social media campaign asking to #FireFauci is now on the way as he is allegedly avoiding the true conversation about strengthening the immune system and hiding the true facts of the virus with over-reporting case and death counts in order to profit pharma companies. (Source)
- Indonesia has announced a Rp 405 trillion COVID-19 budget. (Source) (Source)
- Steve Bannon’s Twitter account is now suspended due to his anti-Chinese stance, another case of Twitter playing god. (Source)
- Indonesians suit up as ‘Pontianak’ ghosts to scare people to stay at home in villages. (Source)
- Marijuana just got decriminalized in Virginia amidst the pandemic. (Source)
- Many Muslims in Pakistan defies the lockdown to go to mosques for prayers. (Source)
- Interesting viewpoint from the other side on the current pandemic situation in an article on Medium.
Thanks for checking this update out. See you tomorrow.