MCO Question of the day: Should we stay home and be depressed than going out to get sunlight (Vitamin D) and mixing with people (socializing) this Aidilfitri.
- Malaysia 22nd May CCP Virus COVID-19 Update
- +78 > 7137 Total Confirmed Cases (25 imported, 53 local transmission) (Of 53, 40 are foreigners)
- +1 > 115 Deaths (1.60% of total)
- +63 > 5859 Total Recovered (82.09% of total)
- 9 ICU (5 require ventilator)
- 1163 Active Cases
- People are no longer allowed to traval inter-state as the government sees a huge amount of traffic due to the Aidilfitri celebration. I say let them travel, we need the herd immunity that can be achieved during this celebration.
- Malaysian overseas that wishes to return home now need to fill an online form consenting to 14 day quarantine once home. (Source)
- Our MOH DG celebrates Hari Raya at the hospital every year together with fellow frontliners. (Source)
- Malaysia economy is expected to see a huge dip this year. Says expert. (Source)
- Reports show that the MCO is more effective than the CMCO. Ah duh.. (Source)
- Italy confirmed 813 new COVID-19 cases and 162 new deaths on Tuesday, a big increase from the 451 new cases and 99 new deaths reported on Monday, which was the lowest number of new cases since March 2 and the lowest death toll since March 9.
- The world’s top gastronomic guides are split over whether to continue rating restaurants with many closed because of coronavirus.
- Brazil recorded a new daily record of 1,179 deaths from COVID-19 on Tuesday, with a total of 17,971 total fatalities and 271,628 confirmed cases, the health ministry said.
- Iran continues to see a rise in new coronavirus cases after easing its lockdown.
- Brazil health ministry recommends chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine to treat even mild COVID-19 cases, despite lack of conclusive evidence of effectiveness. Here’s another Trump.
- Coronavirus deaths in South Africa are projected “to soar” in the coming months. At least 40,000 people could die by the end of the year, scientists have warned. (Source)
- Spain has made it required by law for all citizens, including children over six, to wear masks in public spaces. This pandemic has made the world into a police state starting with forcing people to wear masks. (Source)
- Singapore confirmed 614 new cases, bringing the total to 30,426.
- What is wrong with the photo above? The boy is eating a nugget which is a highly processed meat.
Thanks for reading.