Another day another dollar. New reported cases are getting lower and lower as even though the number of testing has remained steady. This is a good sign in handling the pandemic, however I am skeptical that the scientific community will be able to produce a vaccine in a year and half while we are 17 years away from the SARS epidemic and we still have zero knowledge regarding producing a viable vaccine.
- Malaysia 17th May CCP Virus COVID-19 Update
- +47 > 6941 Total Confirmed Cases (21 imported, 26 local transmission)
- +0 > 113 Deaths (1.62% of total)
- +44 > 5615 Total Recovered (80.89% of total)
- 13 ICU (6 require ventilator)
- 1213 Active Cases
- 443,263 people are tested done so far
- 436,369 tests are negative
- Economic Analyst from UiTM said that the consumerism culture in Malaysia is still very much alive amidst the pandemic and lockdown. (Source)
- Police are still undecided in whether or not to freeze Raya vacations for the police force. (Source)
- Short MCO updates today.
- No global updates today.
Apologies for the lack of update today, I had other things going on.