We are 9 days from the end of the MCO now, let’s now focus on nailing in on our efforts for the past 19 days and do not create a third wave. Please call 03-88882010 or 03-88888126 or visit any police station nearby to inquire more information about the MCO.
MAIN MALAYSIA UPDATES
- +179 > 3662 Total Confirmed Cases (46 new cases from Tabligh)
- +4 > 61 Deaths (1.66% Death rate)
- +90 > 1005 Recovered (27.4% recovery rate)
- 99 ICU (48 cases require ventilator)
- 1591 from Tabligh (43.44% of total cases)
- 51937 Total Tested
- 39877 Negative
- 8398 Pending
- Details of the new death cases are as below
- Sarawak numbers are as below
- Case 1580 has become an index case and has caused 5 fatalities. (Source)
- It seems that MCO will likely be extended beyond 14th April with more lenient restrictions as the situations shows. (Source)
- PDRM is tightening maritime patrol to make sure there’s no one travelling in or out of the country during the MCO. (Source)
- People who came back from overseas will all be placed in quarantine centers.
- KKM identifies a cluster with travel history to Italy that has spread the virus to 37 people.
- 2 flats in Lembah Pantai confirmed to have 1 positive COVID-19 cases. (Source)
- Pasar Borong KL to have 150 workers to be screened after 2 tests positive. (Source)
- Defense Minister Ismail Sabri reminds Malaysians to cooperate, not insult the police. (Source)
- IGP says that lockups are cleaned daily to prevent any infection of COVID-19 in police stations. (Source)
- 854 people have been arrested in Johor for defying the MCO as of 4th April (Source)
- The National Security Council or Majlis Keselamatan Negara will be looking into suggestions to not jail MCO violators. (Source)
- Another Sarawak Member of Parliament (Rubiah Wang) has tested positive. (Source)
- Here’s something I think the MOH can do, advice everyone to wear masks on top of social distancing as we still need to get supplies and need to go out every so often, wearing a cloth mask is better than no mask. The MOH is still waiting for WHO to advice based on evidence. But it’s not the time to under-react, it’s better to over-react than seeing people die. (Source)
- India has stopped 8 Malaysians that tried to take evacuation flights back home. (Source)
- Timely blood glucose management for the outbreak of 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is urgently needed. This paper by researchers in China has shown that those with worse blood glucose management is causing the symptoms of the disease to be severe. Read the paper here.
- USA tops the daily death again with reports of 33,557 new cases of coronavirus and 1,410 new deaths, raising total to 311,178 cases and 8,802 dead. (Source)
- Indonesia is not in full lock-down as Malaysia and India are currently enforcing but more of quarantine with sanitation process going on many locations especially public places. (Source)
- Look out for Lamborghini masks as the company switch gears to produce face masks instead of automobiles. (Source)
- Japan sees 130 new cases of COVID-19, the highest daily jump so far in the land of the rising sun. (Source)
- Sweden has confirmed 28 new coronavirus deaths, raising the country’s death toll to 401 with 6,830 confirmed cases. How is Sweden showing such low numbers without a lockdown? Might it be superior genetics that stemmed from eugenics?
- Cases worldwide cross 1,200,000
- An article on BBC speculating why death rates in different countries are different. (Source)
- Trump has warned USA that things will be worse for weeks to come as case counts breaks 300k. (Source)
- F1 is racing online. Watch them here.
- Queen Elizabeth II addresses the UK, it’s her 5th of such speech in her 68-year reign. (Source)
That’s all for today, onwards.