You already know what COVID-19 is, let’s get down to the updates. Updates will be in point forms with summary of the news articles or summary images. Let’s refer to Movement Control Order as MCO in this page. Please call 03-88882010 or 03-88888126 or visit any police station nearby to inquire more information about the MCO.
17 more days to go, cases around the globe is skyrocketing like nobody’s business. We all hope more tests can be done because without testing, we’re essentially fighting an enemy we can’t see.
- +159 > 2320 Total Confirmed Cases
- +1 > 27 deaths
- +61 > 320 recovered
- +19 > 73 in ICU (54 require breathing support)
NUMBERS BY STATES
- Selangor : 546 -> 579 (+33)
- KL + Putrajaya: 357 -> 364 (+7)
- Johor : 259 -> 285 (+26)
- Sabah : 182 -> 197 (+15)
- Perak : 159 -> 165 (+6)
- Negeri Sembilan : 138 -> 153 (+15)
- Sarawak : 110 -> 118 (+8)
- Kelantan : 98 -> 108 (+10)
- Pulau Pinang :80 -> 86 (+6)
- Kedah : 73 -> 74 (+1)
- Pahang : 70 -> 84 (+14)
- Terengganu : 41 -> 45 (+4)
- Melaka : 33 -> 42 (+9)
- Perlis : 10 -> 10 (0)
- Labuan : 5 -> 10 (+5)
Stats on Wave 2 – Tabligh Cluster
- 17584 identified participants
- 1207 positive
- 4645 pending
- 5084 not tested
A total of 35,516 people have been tested for #COVID19 as of 28th of March 2020.
From that total:
1. 6.5% or 2320 are positive.
2. 69.6% or 24727 are negative
3. 23.8% or 8469 are still pending
Sri Petaling Tabligh cluster has came up with 12,500 samples where 1,207 are positive.
10,724 close contacts are tested, 586 are positive.
7,426 PUI are tested and there are 461 positive.
TOP WORLDWIDE UPDATES
- US Passes 100k confirmed cases
- Worldwide number of confirmed cases reaches 600k, we’re possibly looking at more than 1M cases at beginning of next week, however we might not see that due to the lack of reliable test kits available world.
- 340k test kits from China ordered by Spain are only 30% accurate causing lots of money issues.
MCO RELATED UPDATES
- A major cleaning and disinfection exercise was carried out on Saturday (March 28) in the vicinity of the Seri Petaling Mosque in Sri Petaling. Some 100 Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) and Alam Flora personnel were on the ground with specialised equipment to sanitise the area following a directive from the National Security Council (MKN) and Health Ministry. (Source)
- Everyone entering ICU will be tested for COVID19
- 100k test kits, 100k N95 face masks, 500k surgical masks, 50k PPE, and 200 ventilators are donated by the Chinese government. (Source)
- JP Morgan predicts Malaysia to peak at 6000 cases.
- Everyone should stay at home to break the chain of infection, so that the number of cases do not reach those numbers. – MOH DG Noor Hisham
- Virus can last up to a maximum of 9 days, especially on cold and hard surfaces. 48 hours for humid and softer surfaces.
- Ministry of Higher Education advocates tertiary education institutions to restart their next semester on 27th April and could be as late as 1st June 2020. (Source)
- It’s Earth Hour on 28th March 8:30PM. (Source)
- Majlis Keselamatan Negara publishes info graphics regarding the COVID-19 economic stimulus package by the Malaysian government.
- Something from 2 days ago, YES Internet Provider will be giving away 40GB free data monthly for 2 months for every student during this hard time.
- A young fisherman jumps into sea to avoid MCO as police patrols. However, another fisherman told the police that he was mentally challenged and let him off the hook. (Source)
- If you’re getting RM4k or below per month, and are facing reduction in salary of more than 50%, you can eligible to claim RM600 per month from SOCSO, submit your application at www.perkeso.gov.my. (Source)
- RHB pledges RM3 million to Health Ministry in fight of the COVID-19. (Source)
- Workshop employees and employers are nabbed in Lahad Datu for opening shop during the MCO. The employees claim that their boss will not pay them if they do not come to work.(Source)
- A suicide case in Serdang Hospital was found negative for COVID-19, he was a PUI for having close contact with a positive patient. (Source)
- Parts of SPM and PT3 exams are to be postponed. (Source)
- Four roads in PJ are closed, namely Jalan 5/46 Gasing Indah (Petaling Jaya); Jalan Persiaran Mahogani (Section 9); Jalan Persiaran Jati (Section 8); and Jalan Persiaran Sungai Buloh (TSB) in Kota Damansara. (Source)
10 public universities are on board to ramp up COVID-19 testing. They will be using the RT-PCR testing (Antigen test that tests for the virus instead of rapid test that tests for the antibodies). (Source)
Here are the universities:
- COVID-19 is not a bioweapon. – Scientists says. (Source)
- Indonesians expect better transparency in news regarding COVID-19 as the number rises to 1155 cases and 102 deaths resulting in a death rate of 8.83% which is second highest death rate after Italy. (Source)
More Updates coming