MCO Question of the day: Is prevention really better than the cure or in this case immunity?
- Malaysia 25th May CCP Virus COVID-19 Update
- +172 > 7417 Total Confirmed Cases (5 imported, 167 local: 159 foreigners, 8 Msian)
- +0 > 115 Deaths (1.55% of total)
- +34 > 5979 Total Recovered (80.60% of total)
- 8 ICU (4 require ventilator)
- 1323 Active Cases (17.83%)
- We are following the trend of Singapore where foreign workers has the biggest cluster.
- For detailed updates on the COVID-19 pandemic in Malaysia, visit the Director General Ministry of Health here.
- Mother coming back from Singapore tested positive for the virus. But does it even matter anymore? It seems like the number of cases are very much depending on the number of tests done. (Source)
- 470 blocked yesterday due to flouting CMCO. This is getting ridiculous. (Source)
- Italy has confirmed 531 new COVID-19 cases and 50 new deaths, raising the country’s total to 229,858 with 32,785 confirmed deaths. Zero deaths has been reported in Lombardy, the previously hardest hit Italian region.
- Singapore confirmed 344 new cases today (May 25), bringing the total to 31,960. (Source)
- Taiwan reports zero case again. (Source)
- India Health Ministry: Asymptomatic patients without fever cannot infect others. (Source)
- The French government is strongly discouraging citizens from taking foreign holidays this summer due to the coronavirus but people can already start booking vacations at home in France in July and August, the environment minister said. Guess the French know more than anyone else. (Source)
- 1,146,156 tests have been carried out in the last 24 hours in Wuhan, China – no positive cases have been reported. But who trusts the numbers out of China? (Source)
- Russia on Sunday reported 153 coronavirus deaths over the previous 24 hours, the country’s highest daily toll so far, raising total fatalities to 3,541.
- Chile’s hospitals are under strain and “very close to the limit,” President Sebastian Pinera said on Sunday, as the number of COVID-19 cases approaches 70,000 following rapid increase in recent days. (Source)
- The NBA is in talks with The Walt Disney Company on a single-site scenario for a resumption of league play in Florida this summer.
- Somali regional minister dies of complications from COVID-19.
- WHO suspends trial of hydroxychloroquine as COVID-19 treatment over safety concerns. Finally WHO does something right.
- The deputy director of the Wuhan Institute of Virology, Shi Zhengli—a virologist renowned for her work on coronavirus in bats—warned in a new interview that viruses being discovered now are “just the tip of the iceberg” and called for international cooperation in the fight against epidemics.
Nothing much about the pandemic had taken my attention today, so here’s a JRE podcast with Joel Salatin about farming and regenerative agriculture which I find highly amusing.