MCO Question of the Day: Is better to hide in the sand when you are facing a problem in life or is it better to find the root cause of the problem and solve it head on? Quarantine vs building immunity via healthy lifestyle.
- Malaysia 23rd May CCP Virus COVID-19 Update
- +48 > 7185 Total Confirmed Cases (4 imported, 44 local transmission) (Of 44, 25 are foreigners)
- +0 > 115 Deaths (1.60% of total)
- +53 > 5912 Total Recovered (82.28% of total)
- 9 ICU (5 require ventilator)
- 1158 Active Cases (16.12%)
- Tomorrow marks the first day of the Aidilfitri celebration for Muslims around the world.
- Our PM says that it is imperative that Malaysians apply SOP as part of daily life to end the CMCO, but I digress. Data shows that the virus isn’t at all dangerous to metabolically healthy people. (Source)
- Police HQ reports that roadblocks are in operation all over the country. (Source)
- Our politician speaks. (Source)
- There isn’t much news on the pandemic in Malaysia other than the daily case updates at the moment.
- Everyone is focused on prevention or hiding their head in the sand with fear of catching the virus rather than finding it’s root cause and fight it head on. But I digress.
- Singapore confirmed 642 new cases today (May 23), bringing the total to 31,068.
- Iraq has confirmed 308 new COVID-19 cases and 5 new deaths, raising the country’s total to 4272 with 152 confirmed deaths. This is by FAR the largest number of new cases reported in the country so far. (Source)
- France has confirmed 393 new COVID-19 cases, raising the country’s total to 144,556 with 28,215 confirmed deaths.
- Trump says that he identifies “houses of worship – churches, synagogues and mosques – as essential places that provide essential services”, adding that he will “override” governors that don’t open up places of worship; EHA
- India will unlock air travel on 383 routes across the country with new rules after a two-month gap, the government announced on Thursday. (Source)
- A study estimates that a single minute of loud speaking generates at least 1,000 covid-containing droplets, and these droplets stay airborne for longer than eight minutes, and sometimes as long as 14 minutes. (Source)
- “In the last week about 9 countries (in Africa) have experienced an increase of 50% or more in cases. And actually in the last week four countries have had over a 100 percent increase in cases,” – WHO
- The coronavirus pandemic has forced China to drop its annual growth target for the first time since it began publishing GDP goals in 1990.
- About 1 in 5 adults in England believe the coronavirus is to some extent a hoax, according to research by the University of Oxford. Gotta love it. (Source)
- The U.S. could reach 100,000 coronavirus deaths by Memorial Day, but that may be far lower than the true number to date.
- Sunlight appears to inactivate SARS-CoV-2, the virus which causes COVID-19, according to a new study published in The Journal of Infectious Diseases. Read more here.
- No mask no service!
- Some American stores have put up signs telling customers that those who wear masks will be denied entry as protesters continue to argue against preventative measures in the name of freedom. (Source)
- BREAKING: China has registered no new COVID-19 cases within the past 24 hours for the first time since the start of the pandemic, the National Health Commission said on Saturday. This is very suspicious.
- A record 61 people tested +ve for COVID-19 in Ethiopia out of 3,757 lab tests in the last 24 hrs.
That’s all for today.