MCO Question of the day: Does social distancing even work when the virus is basically airborne? Maybe do some reading here?
- Malaysia 21st May CCP Virus COVID-19 Update
- +50 > 7059 Total Confirmed Cases (3 imported, 47 local transmission) (Of 50, 41 are foreigners)
- +0 > 114 Deaths (1.61% of total)
- +90 > 5796 Total Recovered (82.1% of total)
- 10 ICU (7 require ventilator)
- 1149 Active Cases
- New cluster is found at Bukit Jalil, 645 people are sampled, 35 are positive, where all are foreigners.
- There are 45 labs capable of testing for SARS-Cov2, 27,573 is the daily testing capacity, however 27,998 samples were tested yesterday.
- Apparently if you haven’t gotten a letter from the police station to travel inter-state for the Raya, you can’t now.
- A Malaysian had been sentenced to death over Zoom in Singapore for having heroin. It sucks that some drugs are illegal and some are legal, who has the final say? (Source)
- There are 900k expected vehicles daily in PLUS highways as people go home for Raya. (Source)
- S’pore schools will reopen with staggered sessions from June 2. Priority will be given to graduating cohorts.
- Singapore confirmed 448 new cases of Covid-19 today (May 21), bringing the total to 29,812.
- Indonesian healthcare workers get pay cut as many hospitals are spending lots to prepare for the pandemic outbreak but the occupancy rate remain to be low. Sounds like bad planning to me. (Source)
- Vaccine experts say Moderna didn’t produce data critical to assessing Covid-19 vaccine. (Source)
Future updates on the COVID-19 pandemic will be a short update at the end of the day or the following day. Thanks for reading.