MCO Question of the day: Does it make sense to keep locking down if more and more people are recovering?
- Malaysia 19th May CCP Virus COVID-19 Update
- +37 > 6978 Total Confirmed Cases (2 imported, 35 local transmission) (22 foreigners)
- +1 > 114 Deaths (1.63% of total)
- +31 > 5646 Total Recovered (80.91% of total)
- 11 ICU (6 require ventilator)
- 1218 Active Cases
- Deputy Minister of Health 1 now joins the front liners at Sungai Buloh to gain publicity. (Source)
- Six follow clusters are announced to be closed as there are zero cases reported for more than 2 weeks.
- Kluster Seksyen 6 Bandar Baru Bangi
- Kluster Warga Emas (pusat jagaan warga emas)
- Kluster Bandar Baru Bangi (Majlis Perkahwinan)
- Kluster Selayang (Pasar Harian)
- Kluster Rembau
- Kluster Tabligh Pakistan
- Kluster Petugas Kesihatan Sungai Buloh
- Kluster Pekan
- Kluster Kilang Pasir Gudang
- Kluster BBIM
- Kluster Tabligh Makassar Sabah
- Russia now has World’s 2nd Highest Number of COVID19 Cases, the former Soviet nation has been adding over 9,000/day since 2 May 2020 where the total Cases now is 281,752.
- United States coronavirus death toll passes 90,000.
- A person who was COVID-19 positive attended a church service in California and exposed 180 people, officials say.
- A pregnant Lebanese women who tested positive for COVID-19, gave birth to a healthy baby.
- Iran has confirmed 2,294 new COVID-19 cases and 69 new deaths, raising the country’s total to 122,492 with 7,057 confirmed deaths.
- Saudi Arabia confirms 2,593 coronavirus cases over the last 24 hours, bringing the total in the kingdom to 57,345. Death toll reaches 320 after reporting 8 more deaths —health ministry.
- Latest Uber Job Cuts Bring Coronavirus Layoffs to 25% of Workforce
- Italy has confirmed 451 new COVID-19 cases and 99 new deaths, raising the country’s total to 225,886 with 32,007 confirmed deaths.
- In an abrupt reversal of the re-opening taking place across China, over 100 million people in the country’s northeast region have been put back under lockdown. (Source)
- South Sudan rebel leader-turned-VP tests positive for COVID-19 as this is their first case in April 5.
- President Trump just announced he’s taking hydroxychloroquine. “I take it.” Trump says he’s been taking it for a week and a half now. Oh well if he take it without complications, he might have heart problems LMAO.
- Current data shows coronavirus deaths per million in Sweden stand at 358, which is even higher than the hard-hit United States at 267. The Swedish figure is dramatically worse than those of its neighbors: Denmark (93), Finland (53) and Norway (44). (Source)
- Zoom suspends free users in China as the trade war between these two nations tenses up. (Source)
- Brazil has confirmed 13,140 new COVID-19 cases and 674 new deaths, raising the country’s total to 254,220 with 16,792 confirmed deaths.
- In the past 24 hours Chile has reported 2,278 new COVID-19 cases and 28 deaths, the highest number of coronavirus fatalities in a single day so far, according to the country’s health ministry.
- Californian scientists at Sorrento Therapeutics said they have found an STI-1499 antibody that completely blocks coronavirus.
- About two months ago, the Sorrento team started analyzing hundreds of antibodies from their library and found about a dozen that blocked the virus that leads to COVID-19 from infecting human cells. Now, from that dozen, they say they’ve found one that is 100% effective after a period of four days of incubation.
- Belgium tops the world with the most deaths proportionally to their COVID-19 cases, with an observed case-fatality ratio of 16.4%. And with a population of just 11.5 million, Belgium has the most deaths in terms of its population with 78 deaths per 100,000 people.
Another short update today. Thanks for reading.