Its the weekend again. Another weekend where most wouldn’t even notice it’s the weekend. Looking at the new numbers today, I’d say it is time to reopen the economy so most people can regain their health instead of staying in deteriorating our health.
- Malaysia 16th May CCP Virus COVID-19 Update
- +17 > 6872 Total Confirmed Cases (6 imported , 11 local transmission) (5 foreigners, 12 Msian)
- +1 > 113 Deaths (1.64% of total)
- +73 > 5512 Total Recovered (80.2% of total)
- 13 ICU (5 require ventilator)
- 1247 Active Cases
- 434136 people are tested done so far
- 427264 tests are negative
- 1 death added to the statistics in Malaysia has end stage lung cancer.
- The death toll includes people who have been tested positive for the COVID-19 even though they have passed due to other reasons.
- Short update today.
- Singapore confirmed 465 new cases of Covid-19 today (May 16), bringing the total to 27,356.
- The FDA has halted the work of an innovative coronavirus testing program widely touted by the likes of Bill Gates and public health officials.
- Regulators want to review the program further. One expert called the shutdown “bizarre.” (Source)
- 9-Year-Old Boy is First Child to Die in France From Likely COVID-Linked Illness. However the link of Kawasaki disease to COVID-19 has not been definitively proven. (Source)
- South Korea confirms 19 new coronavirus cases and 2 new deaths, total reaches 11,037 with 262 confirmed deaths; KCDC.
- Beaches in France and Italy opened on Saturday for the first weekend since the countries eased coronavirus lockdowns, while football fans awaited the return of major league action with Germany’s Bundesliga set to kick off.
- Somalia has reported 73 new CoronaVirus cases and 2 deaths; brings total cases to 1,357 and 55 deaths.
- South African platinum mine Implats has temporarily suspended operations after 19 workers tested positive for coronavirus, the company said Saturday.
- Brazil loses second health minister in less than a month as Covid-19 deaths rise. Brazil’s health minister has abruptly resigned after less than a month on the job – and a day after the country announced it had recorded nearly 14,000 deaths.
- Austrian officials face lawsuit from 2,500 tourists over ski resort outbreak. (Source)
- UK researchers test dogs’ ability to sniff out COVID-19. (Source)
- Trump set to restore partial funding to WHO after pause to investigate coronavirus response. US will be cutting about 90% of the funding. (Source)
Short updates today as I spend time doing my other projects.