We are 8 days from the end of the MCO now, let’s now focus on nailing in on our efforts for the past 19 days and do not create a third wave. Please call 03-88882010 or 03-88888126 or visit any police station nearby to inquire more information about the MCO.
MAIN UPDATES TODAY
- +131 > 3793 Total Confirmed Cases
- +1 > 62 Deaths (1.63% Death rate)
- +236 > 1241 Recovered (32.72% recovery rate) – Highest recovered cases in a day
- 102 ICU (54 cases require ventilator)
- +3629 > 55566 Total Tested
- +3787 > 43664 Negative
- 8109 Pending
- Two more clusters have been identified:
Cluster 1 – 3 days gathering at Kuching – 83 positive
- 2 Deaths (Case 358 and 2471)
- 5 critical in ICU
- 50 under treatment
- 25 under monitoring in quarantine centre
- 1 recovered
Cluster 2 – Wedding in Bandar Baru Bangi has infected to 5 generations of cases
- 88 positive cases including 1 in ICU
- MOH will focus on increase testing, currently are doing pool testing with 5 tests at one go.
- Currently, MOH are still focusing on targeted testing made from PUI and high-risk groups instead of mass testing.
- 1300 tests per million population are being done today. Benchmark now is 1 is positive with 10 tests, according to WHO, we are still advised to test high risk groups first.
- Yayasan Petronas donates 100 ICU beds to MOH. (Source)
- More money as the PM announced an additional stimulus package on top of the current one to SME. (Source)
- Micro credit loans are now essentially free at 0% up to RM10k. (Source)
- Government to slash tax for landlords that cuts rent during the MCO. (Source)
- Head of Police sees 544 arrests yesterday as many are going out on weekend. (Source)
- Government makes another u-turn taking back the order to revoke permit for Heineken and Carlsberg. (Source)
- All 18 zones in Klang Valley with positive cases are considered red zones. It’s now unsafe to be socializing with the public. (Source)
- Man runs 236km in 36 hours in his own home, circling a 50 meter distance around his house. (Source)
- Kuching police has arrested 26 people for violating the MCO. (Source)
- Hardware and spare part shops to be opened twice a week during MCO Phase 2. (Source)
- Netizens has reported that Najib’s wife, Rosmah Mansor is eligible for RM800 aid according to the Bantuan PRIHATIN website. (Source) (Source)
- More border control is to be implemented across the nation. (Source)
- Paolo Hospital in Thailand are placing small face shields for new-borns to prevent infection. (Source)
- Turkey to provide face masks for free to their citizens and encourages the people to provide food for animals. (Source)
- Indonesia’s death toll tops 200 and the government has only started to warn their citizens of asymptomatic transmission. A little too late aye. (Source)
- Japan is set to declare state of emergency. (Source)
- 2 new clusters are identified in Singapore as 66 more cases are confirmed, tomorrow will be the first day of the circuit breaker. (Source)
- Police identify 55k close contacts in infection chain. (Source)
- Prisons in Sabah has no more room to quarantine prisoners. (Source)
- Zoom has been sued for having security issues leaking videos of their users. (Source)
- Singapore Solidarity Budget spends $5.1 billion to save jobs and protect people from the impending economic effect of COVID-19. (Source)
- Singapore reduces the amount of air travel with closure of Changi Airport Terminal 2 for 18 months. This seem very dire but I guess it’s needed. (Source)
- France has confirmed 5,171 new corona-virus cases and 833 new deaths, raising the country’s total to 98,010 with 8,911 confirmed deaths.
- Indonesia being the 4th most populous country with 270 million citizens is only testing 36 people in every million people. In comparison, South Korea tests 8,996 for every million people, Singapore 6,666, and Malaysia 1,605. (Source)
- Germany is relaxing their lock down after April 19. (Source)
Onward. Stay tuned.